Friday, July 21, 2017

Another Witch's Tea Party


The Invite 
(nice pictures by my friend Cami)
I personally don't like to theme my witch parties to movies, I keep forgetting they made a movie called "Into the Woods" lol!   For this party I wanted it to be outside under the full moon🌕🌜

I made a bunch of quick lanterns from wire and baby food jars/mason jars and hung them with tea lights, battery lights for the table, and some citronella candles to help keep the mosquitoes away.  My sister also had around 20 origami cranes she was getting rid of - perfect timing!


I prefer an elegant yet spooky look.  

I kept the buffet pretty simple this year, the only thing I had to make were the "marshrooms" and the rotten eggs, oh and I carved some shrunken heads for the witches brew.  

I should have taken better before pictures, but this is the set up, pillows to sit on and low tables.  

Adding skeletons is a must ;)
I made these lovely Fatal Fates eggs again.
 Crack open the crows egg to see what your fatal fate shall be!

I received "Death by playing with matches" 
Other notable fates include: Poisoned at a tea party and Bitten by a Vampire. 

My moon adored the Fortune Tellers table 
with my deck of Gypsy Witch Fortune telling cards
The Fortune Telling Table 
I made some Poison tea cups too, using a sharpie mug tutorial online


 Fill up the cup! 
But you have to do it by blowing into the top of the tea pot. 
Hilarious! 
Marshmellow Bobbing
We also played musical chairs, but by passing brooms in a circle to my fav song on the 
Practical Magic cd (Lime in the Coconut ;)  

My witches ;) I should note that we are not "actual" witches, just all my lady friends enjoying my crazy idea of fun - in June no less!  My birthday gift to me 😀

Broom parking serves as a nice photo backdrop

So much fun! 

1 comment: